My name is Dr. Arianna Corona. Originally from Northern Italy, I specialise in providing expert care and professional well-being advice to the pets and pet owners in Edinburgh’s New Town and surrounding areas. My philosophy is simple: To treat every animal as if it were my own and to provide peace of mind to an owner, so they know that their treasured pet could not be in better, or more qualified hands.
My list of services includes pet sitting, pet visits, puppy playtime, practical pet advice and of course, dog walking (I’ve even been known to provide cat walking when requested!). I specialise only in one-to-one walks. These are fundamentally important because every dog deserves to feel special and I am able to put my attention solely into the specific needs of that particular pet.
Dogs fascinate me and when coaching them, one never stops learning. As someone who has invested in educating myself towards understanding their psychological needs, I am able to:
- Understand their individual emotional state and specific needs
- Control a dog properly during its walk, thus preventing it from pulling on the leash
- Manage a dog during socialisation with other dogs to avoid conflicts
- Understand the non-verbal communication with and between dogs
- Play with a dog in relation to its own unique character
- Mentally stimulate or calm a dog, depending on a particular situation
I am well versed in the essential dog trainer commands and always utilise reward based training. My approach is entirely based on gentle and ethical dog training methods.
Cats require a very different approach to their well-being and because they have their own individual idiosyncrasies, my approach has to be uniquely tailored. I allow cats to connect with me on their terms, but by having patience and adopting a calm persona I am able to:
- Understand their individual emotional state and specific needs.
- Read and interpret their body language
- Respect their boundaries
- Play with them in a mentally stimulating manner
- Pet and touch them in the right way
- Act as a secure base for them.
For both cats and dogs, I provide a far more bespoke and enjoyable alternative to a cattery or kennel. My pet sitting service enables pets to stay in the comfort of their own home whilst their owners are away. I am able to stay with them for around 90% of the time, day and night.
My aim is always, for pets to feel happy and secure whilst I am caring for them and for their owners to know their loved one is safe and being professionally cared for.
I have thorough multidisciplinary training and I can easily pass my knowledge and skills to the dog or cats’ owner. My goal is protecting and enhancing the well-being of the relationship between the owner and their treasured pet.
I work alongside a network of skilled and specialist professionals, whose expertise and knowledge provides an invaluable service These specialists include: .A veterinary nutritionist, a veterinary orthopaedic expert, a veterinary behaviourist, a veterinary physiotherapist and even an expert in dog snacks!
With my own personal analytical skills and experience as a psychologist, I quickly understand if an animal is suffering and to what extent it is an emergency. On occasion, prompt action is necessary.
Every dog and cat communicates differently and it is useful to recognise the signs of psychophysical discomfort. For this reason, I offer pet owners the tools to understand the situation.
If you have any concerns whatsoever about the well being of your pet, please do not hesitate to get in touch. Safe is always better than sorry.
British Bachelor (Honours) degree standard (Psychology) recognised by NARIC.
British Master of Philosophy degree (MPhil) standard (Psychotherapy) recognised by NARIC.
- I registered as a dog walker, house and pet sitter. I am accredited by NARPSUK (National Association of Registered Pet Sitters).
- I am fully insured with Petplan.
- I am fully CRB checked through Disclosure Scotland.
- I registered with Edinburgh City Council.
- Dog Coach with Thinkdog.